News

March 31, 2020

2020 National Census Kick Off Day – April 1: Be Certain Everyone Counts in Pennsylvania!

April 1, 2020 is National Census Day. By this date, every home will have received their invitation to participate in the 2020 Census. When you respond to the Census, you tell the U.S. Census Bureau where you are living as of April 1, 2020.

Every household can respond to the 2020 Census online, by mail, or by phone. Responding to the Census should take only a few minutes. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 95% of households will receive their Census invitation in the mail and the remaining 5% will get their Census invitation delivered by a Census taker working for the bureau. These invitations will give you information about the ways you can answer the Census. Less than 1% of households will be counted in-person by a Census taker.

As good neighbors and community members, we want everyone to be counted in the Census. Many of us likely have friends, family, coworkers, and others in our communi-ties who don’t know about the importance of the 2020 Census. Help us spread awareness in your community. Text PACOUNTS to 898211 on your mobile phone to receive text message updates about the 2020 Census in either English or Spanish. Standard data rates may apply.

Census 2020 information and resources, several specific to Pennsylvania, may be found on the LAMPa website. Check out this new 2020 Census video produced by the Pennsylvania Immigration & Citizenship Coalition. An additional informative resource, highlighting the benefits of the census is this Census bulletin insert put together by the Pennsylvania Council of Churches. It may also be accessed on the LAMPa web site.

Add Your Own Comment

Mail (will not be published) (required)