Introducing the Young Adult Community Resource Grant
From ELCA Young Adults:
Young adults long for in-person connection, now more than ever after years of isolation. In response, ELCA Young Adult Ministry has launched a grant that will help jump-start programs that connect young adults from a defined region for in-person gatherings centered around community, justice, and love.
What can this look like? Get creative!
- Evening worship services with childcare available
- Dinner parties, potlucks, meals in the park
- Mutual aid
- A giving circle with accompanying advocacy, book club, or direct action
- Pub/coffee theology & games
- Biweekly discussion groups with music
- Partner with at least one other ministry organization that currently serves or hopes to serve young adults
- Attend the ELCA Young Adult Ministry Partner Network quarterly gatherings
- Attend the ELCA Young Adult Gather Network meetings twice a year to process experiences
- Leadership of the group must be at least 50% young adults (18-35)
Funding amount: $1,000 – $5,000
Max number of awards: 25
Max applications accepted: 75
Grant opens: June 2, 2022
Grant closes: July 31, 2022
How to Apply
Follow the instruction videos below to learn how to apply. Please make sure that you watch the videos fully to ensure that you fill out the application correctly.
Questions about applying for the grant? Email at email@example.com
Questions about the grant itself? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org