Join us on Thursday, May 9, 2024 for a day of learning, inspiration, advocacy, and celebration! It’s our 45th anniversary and we’re excited to share our gratitude for the past and hope for the future with you! We’re also celebrating ELCA World Hunger’s 50th anniversary in a celebration of all the ways Lutherans show up to feed and care for our neighbors in PA and around the world!
Registration Coming Soon!
Day of Learning and Advocacy
Join us at Trinity Lutheran in Camp Hill from 8:30-4:30pm. This time will include:
- Workshops on various policy issues featuring speakers from state and national partners
- Tables and information from our partners in ministry
- Boxed Lunch and Legislative Visits Preparation
- Worship with sermon by ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton (Offering goes to ELCA World Hunger)
- Transportation to and from the Capitol for Legislative Visits
- Legislative Visits arranged by LAMPa (find out who your lawmakers are here)
- Group Photo in the iconic Capitol Rotunda
Note: If you would like childcare for this portion, please let us know and register by March 31 to help us best accommodate you!
See a preview of our speakers!
Gala Dinner and Celebration of Advocates
Beginning at 6pm, join us at the Hilton Downtown Harrisburg for an evening celebrating 45 years of Lutheran Advocacy Ministry in Pennsylvania and 50 years of ELCA World Hunger. The night will include:
- Special dinner with live music
- Silent Auction, benefitting scholarships for youth and young adults
- Keynote address
- Celebration of Advocates from each PA Synod
- Live Auction of a painting from artist Freiman Stoltzfus. Prints also available for sale.
Special Reception with Artist Freiman Stoltzfus
An exclusive reception at 5:30pm at the Hilton Rooftop Suite with Freiman Stoltzfus, including an early and close-up look at the painting being auctioned off at the end of the night. Limited tickets available, as an add-on when you register!
Special Partner Opportunity the night before!
Special Event by AMMPARO in Harrisburg on May 8 – find out more and register here.
At the Hilton Downtown Harrisburg:
Book a room in our discounted block here, or book through the Hilton app or over the phone by using code 98E.
With our partners at Lutheran Camping Corporation of Central Pennsylvania:
Kirchenwald or Wittel Farm – $65/night
Meyers at Kirchenwald (Dormitory style) – $36/night
At ULS-Gettysburg at Aberly (Dormitory style) – $45/night:
Follow this link and write in “Lutheran Day” as the event and choose “dormitory style” in the accommodations menu
First Call Rostered Leaders – email us at LAMPa@lutheranadvocacypa.org to see if your synod is offering a discount.
Language Accommodations – please email us at LAMPa@lutheranadvocacypa.org if you need ASL or other language accommodations. We’re happy to arrange that for you!
Travel Logistics – Ample parking is available at Trinity. If you are coming by Amtrak, please contact the LAMPa office as soon as possible by emailing LAMPa@lutheranadvocacypa.org to arrange a shuttle from the Harrisburg station. Also email us if you are interested in ride sharing and we can connect you with others from your area! The Capitol Complex can be difficult to navigate, involving many steps and uneven floor surfaces. If you will need assistance accessing the building, or wonder if you might, please contact us at LAMPa@Lutheranadvocacypa.org.
Rostered Leaders — Certificates of participation hours will be available upon request. Email us if you will require documentation.