Eviction does not have to be the sole option for residents of public housing or with housing subsidies when they are unable to meet the terms of the lease. Join us for a special case study into the partnership between Just Mediation Pittsburgh and the Allegheny County Housing Authority as they work to resolve resident crisis before it leads to an eviction filing.
Mediation is an ideal intervention for landlord tenant disputes. Mediation allows for both sides to come to the table, gives space to identify the root of the conflict, and provides equal agency to landlord and tenant to find a solution that works for both. This is critically important for housing authorities who can be some of the largest landlords in town working with the most vulnerable tenants.
We will discuss:
- the mechanics of the partnership;
- the value of the service to both the residents and the Housing Authority; and
- the role other community partners play to ensure this partnership lasts for years to come.
- Aaron Erb | Executive Director | Just Mediation Pittsburgh
- Rich Stephenson | Chief Financial Officer | Allegheny County Housing Authority
- Abby Rae LaCombe | Executive Director | RentHelpPGH
- Adam DiBuo | Managing Attorney | Neighborhood Legal Services
Registration will close at 2:00PM – 1 hour prior to the webinar start time
You will receive the link and call in information from the Housing Alliance 1 hour prior to the webinar
Free for Members
$25 for Non-Members
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your membership