- This event has passed.
Reclaiming Our Democracy Town Hall
Dec 1, 2018
In preparation for the Pennsylvania Legislative 2019-2020 session, Fair Districts PA and the League of Women Voters are convening a day-long town hall featuring past and present legislators, national redistricting experts and leaders of PA good government advocacy groups.
The goal is to understand the connection between accountable government, gerrymandering and PA redistricting, and the procedural rules that govern the way bills move – or don’t move – in our PA legislature.
This non-partisan event is open to the public, to legislators, press, policy staff and advocates. Among featured panelists and speakers will be:
● Annabelle Harless, Campaign Legal Center
● Sam Wang, Princeton Gerrymandering Project
● Yurij Redensky, Brennan Center for Justice
● Dave Steil, former Republican State Representative from Bucks County and co-chair of the 2007 Speaker’s Commission on Legislative Reform
● Ken Lee, former Republican State Representative from Bradford, Sullivan, Susquehanna and Wyoming Counties
● Franklin Kury, former State Representative and State Senator from Northumberland County and author of Why Are You Here: A Primer for Legislators and Citizens and Gerrymandering: A Guide to Congressional Redistricting, Dark Money, and the U.S. Supreme Court
● Jill Greene, League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania Executive Director
● Micah Sims, Common Cause PA Executive Director
Click Here to Register