- This event has passed.
Good Trouble for a Healthy Planet: 2020 Faith-Based Organization Consultation on Climate Emergency
Sep 24, 2020
More than 45 interfaith organizations gathered a year ago for their first interfaith-based consultation to address the climate emergency. In 2020, a coalition of planning partners is pleased to invite you to the second interfaith consultation titled “Good Trouble for a Healthy Planet”. This virtual webinar is scheduled for Thursday, September 24 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This year’s consultation will address the impact of human activity on the planet, the urgent need for action to obtain sustainable and resilient communities globally, and the development of recommendations for moving forward to address climate change. Two keynote presentations and eight concurrent workshops will be supported with web-based materials and social media tools to equip participants. This watershed moment requires action by all, especially faith voices of insight and hope.
The Consultation will focus on eight areas:
• Envisioning a Sustainable and Just Economy for a Resilient World
• Taking Responsibility for the Climate
• Buen Vivir: Pathways to a Healthier Planet
• How to Activate More People of Faith to Action
• Solutions that Work: Adaptation and Mitigation
• Climate Migration (including displaced persons)
• Climate Grief
• Restoration and Natured Based Solutions