- This event has passed.
Creating a Statewide Eviction Prevention Strategy: A Virtual Forum
Jun 10, 2021
By adopting five strategies to prevent eviction, we can ensure community stability and we can make it possible for all families to fulfill their life aspirations through the foundation that stable housing provides.
The five strategies are:
- ongoing rental assistance;
- landlord-tenant mediation programs;
- expansion of legal services and representation;
- connection to supports and services for tenants that are at most risk; and
- outreach and partnership with landlords.
Join us on June 10th for a thought provoking discussion as we take a deeper dive into each of the five strategies and how we can all collectively work together to expand resources for eviction prevention.
Our speakers include:
- Peggy Bailey, Senior Advisor on Rental Assistance, HUD
- Claudia Aiken, MCP, Director, Housing Initiative at Penn (HIP), University of Pennsylvania
- Michelle Dempsky, Esq. Staff Attorney, Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Ava King, Eviction Prevention Court Coordinator, Friends Association
- Keena Minifield, Policy and Civic Engagement Associate, Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania
- Leah Sailhamer, Vice President of Government Affairs, Pennsylvania Apartment Association
- Gale Schwartz, Associate Director, Policy and Strategic Initiatives, Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania
- Evelyn Wald, Executive Director, Center for Alternatives in Community Justice
- Moderator: Phyllis Chamberlain, the Executive Director of the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania
Together we can support over 165,000 renter families and individuals at risk of eviction and displacement when the moratorium ends and stabilize communities across the Commonwealth.* Register for the forum here.
*U.S. Census Pulse Survey, March 17-March 29, 2021, Households Behind on Rent
LAMPa is a member of the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania.