Marcellus Shale Resources
Want to learn more about fracking in Pennsylvania and other areas of the United States? See the resources below that offer a range of views that reflect different positions. No one particular piece presented here represents a formal position of LAMPa. Know of a resource to feature? Let us know!
- America’s Natural Gas Alliance
- Fracfocus (a registry of fracking sites and chemical disclosures from industry)
Faith Community resources:
- National Council of Churches Ethics of Energy webinar , April 12, 2012
- Pennsylvania Interfaith Power and Light Principles for Marcellus Shale Drilling
- ELCA Advocacy Blog Pennsylvania Lutherans Talk About Fracking
- ProPublica offers articles and analysis, and even a music video to explain the fracking process
- NYT series: “Drilling Down” examines the risks of natural gas drilling and efforts to regulate it
- National Geographic Special Report The Great Shale Gas Rush profiles the science, the lives changed and the impacts of drilling
- State Impact Pennsylvania features data, explanation and analysis about energy and the environment, natural gas drilling, fracking and the Marcellus Shale.
- NPR series on The Fracking Boom searches for answers based in science to questions about pollution, health impacts and the environment
Environmental and Citizens Groups:
- PennFuture is PA’s largest environmental education and advocacy organization that provides updates and resources on drilling and energy policy
- League of Women Voters has produced a series of guides on aspects of drilling ranging from economic and environmental impacts to regulation and pipeline constructions.
- Marcellus Shale Community Discussion guide from the Public Issues Forums of Centre County